Now that Spring has sprung, it’s time for a quick and easy dinner that is delicious and good for you! We get about 3 servings out of this and it takes about thirty minutes, if you’re being slow on prep work, like me. It’s tasty with just a touch of heat and includes lots of great green veggies.
To begin, you’ll need:
- 8 oz (an overflowing cup) of jasmine rice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 heaping T. green curry paste (I usually add another teaspoon or so for extra flavor)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, cut into sticks about 2 inches long
- 4-6 ounces of green beans, cut into pieces that are about 2 inches long
- 6-8 ounces of asparagus, cut into pieces that are about 2 inches long
Start by cooking your rice according to package directions. Once cooked, place it to the side so it will “dry.” While the rice is losing some of its wetness, heat the oil in a wok or large pan. Add the curry paste and stir for about 1 minute. Then add the garlic and onions, cooking until fragrant. Add in the zucchini, green beans, and asparagus. Cook until tender, around 5 minutes. Add the rice into the wok and stir with the vegetables. Heat through, taking 3-5 minutes. And you are done! Plate and enjoy this tasty vegetarian Spring dish!
*adapted from Perfect Vegetarian
–linking up with The Southern Institute